Ganadhipati Purushottam Shekhawati Hospital is the best Orthopedic Hospital in Jaipur, authorized by the Govt. of Rajasthan for treating all kinds of accidents and Medico-Legal Cases (MLC). Hospital is equipped with a dedicated modular operation theater with sophisticated equipment like a Microscope/Laparoscope & C – Arm. A team of expert surgeons is available round the clock to perform all kinds of surgeries such as Limb lengthening, Arthroscopy, Joint Replacement, Laminectomy, etc with complete imaging support through high-speed multi-slice helical CT scan.
Orthopedics is a branch of medical science that deals with the diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system of the body. The musculoskeletal system is a complex system present in the body that includes bones, ligaments, joints, muscles, tendons, and nerves, and allows the various kinds of movements done by the body. There was a time when Orthopedists were solely devoted to providing care to children suffering from limb and spine deformities, but now they cater to the needs of everyone. Now, there are specialized orthopedists that provide special care to athletes and sportspersons in the Department of Shekhawati Orthopedic Hospital.
What does an Orthopedic Surgeon do?
Orthopedic surgeons treat various kinds of problems related to the musculoskeletal system. It may involve:
Diagnosing the Disorder or Injury:
- Treating the condition with medication, casting, exercise, surgery, etc.
- Rehabilitation of the treated condition by recommending exercises and physiotherapy.
- Prevention with treatment plans and information so as to prevent injury.
What Kind of Training does Orthopedic Surgeon Undergo?
An orthopedic surgeon is a board-certified medical professional that has undergone extensive medical training on the subject. As a general rule, it has been observed that a typical orthopedic surgeon completes around 14 years of education on the subject that may include:
- Five years of medical school
- Five years of medical residency
- Optional years of fellowship focused on one particular area
What happens when you visit a doctor?
When you visit an orthopedic surgeon, they will get your complete medical history and perform a brief analysis of your musculoskeletal injury or disease. Most doctors recommend blood tests and X-Rays to get the complete picture. After performing all of the preliminary analyses, the doctors will discuss the diagnosis. Accordingly, they will select the best treatment plan available.
Specialties of an Orthopedic Surgeon:
Orthopedic surgeons perform numerous types of surgeries. Common procedures include:
- Arthroscopy — It involves the use of special cameras and equipment to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside joints.
- Internal fixation — When the bones are healing, metal plates, screws, or pins are used to hold the broken pieces in place.
- Joint replacement (partial, total, and revision) — Artificial joints are used instead of knee/hip joints when arthritic or damaged ones are removed.
- Osteotomy — A procedure that involves cutting and repositioning bone in order to correct the bone deformity.
- Soft tissue repair (ACL Surgery) — Repair of soft tissue, such as torn tendons or ligaments.
- Industrial Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Club Foot Repair
- Joint Aspiration
- Carpal Tunnel Release (Wrist Pain)
- Limb Lengthening and Equalization
- All kinds of Fractures